Thursday 7 January 2010

So *I'm* the pessimist? Yeah right

Yesterday was my last appointment with my ortho to check if my wafer/splint fits (it did). I walked in all excited thinking well, they can't cancel the surgery at this stage, so I'm home free! Time to celebrate with my ortoh. Well, she was in total amazement that it hadn't been cancelled, and her and the assisstant were like 'give it until Friday! It could still be cancelled yet!' (also arranged my first post-op appointment which is the 22nd. She says I won't be best of friends with her on that appointment, but hopefully she won't torture me too much. She also showed me the model of how my new bite will be; it's pretty much a perfect bite, so both she and I were very pleased at the job she's done!)

It was slightly deflating to say the least! lol. So I waited with baited breathe today in case their prediction turned out to be true. But no cancellation today! I did get a call this morning though and thought, well this is it....but it was my local doctors again discussing paperwork. *phew*
 Honestly they must really get loads of cancellations the way talk, but hello, it's a week until my surgery! And it *still* hasn't been cancelled. Let's be optimistic about it, and stop scaring me please! I suppose they are trying not to get my hopes up, but I feel rather silly mentioning that my date still isn't final even though it's less than a week away.

So, I shall wait until tomorrow to decide whether or not I have firm assurance in my surgery going ahead . I really cannot imagine them cancelling it at the weekend or Monday, but as per my ortho, I'll wait until tomorrow.

If it gets cancelled from now to Tuesday I will be extremely pissed off!

I'm a woman on edge!


4 comments:

  1. Hang in there! It will be here before you know it! : ) Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there - I was waiting right up until the day before for the phone call to say they had a bed for me and gave me the go-ahead to come in! Positive thoughts for you hun, it'll all go swimmingly!!! Just focus on that perfect bite....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I've just come accross your blog for the first time. Not sure if you're still waiting for the big Op or just out, but whichever, I wanted to say good luck! Your bite issues sound very similar to mine so i'll be looking forward to reading your recovery posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,

    Just checking in - no posts so am assuming that all went ahead and you're in the grip of post-op crap feeling? Do hope all OK, and if you are in the days post-recovery hope you're not feeling too tragic! It picks up after the first few days... xxx

    ReplyDelete