Friday 22 January 2010

Day 11

Again just a note to say sorry for lack of posts. It just happens that currently I have little internet access, so even though I want to update I can't. Sorry people! I will try and get some more photos soon and add them

My upper lip is a bit taut because of the stitches, so you can see my teeth when I'm at rest, and so I'm feeling a little mousy, or vole-y, or like some type of burrowing animal! Because the underbite is quite a masculine trait, my face just seems very sort of 'meek' looking now. Not something I have a problem with per se, because it's too early to see your new face shape yet.


Also the swelling has 'fallen' now to the bottom of my face and my cheeks. My ears no longer feel swollen! (odd feeling that was!). My nose is still swollen too, so I can't really comment on how that has changed.


My chin is totally numb, however the nerves 'surge' sporadically which is a good sign. My lower lip is also numb, but the actual flesh of it feels almost tickly when I touch it. Still, it makes drinking without dribbling difficult. Also because of the swelling they is quite a big dip between my lower lip and chin, so I hope that goes. But of course with the swelling it could take a while.

As for eating though, I think I'm going ok. I've been eating pasta, potatoes, tuna, sausages, ice cream, yoghurts. I'm not chewing, just moving around with my tongue and then swallowing.

The bands are slightly aggravating for me. My stitches are quite taut so getting in there to stretch my face wide enough is painful. But I'm managing to get them on. I seem to be able to do my left side better. Because I'm left handed, I can't really hold the appliance the correct way to do my right side because the hook part of the appliance is the wrong way round, so I can't hook the elastic on and pull it backwards. So when I do my right side I just have to move the elastic around a bit and hope it catches onto the correct bit. I get quite a swet on when I'm doing it! lol

Also on a slightly odd note perhaps, I think my pain meds were giving me bad dreams *, or at least dreams that were more bad than good (I did dream about Torvill and Dean one night! lol) I hardly ever dreamt before the surgery, and all last week I had vivid dreams every night. Not nightmares because they weren't scary per se, but the subject matter was negative. As such, I'm glad to be off my medications now!


* Now some of you might believe Freud's theory of dreams, but as a student of psychology myself, I personally don't buy dream interpretation What I do think is that the stuff I've been on has effected it 
 
PS- also I had an exam at uni this morning that I couldn't change, so had to go. Anyway I got 74% which is ok considering. If I did badly I was just going to play the ill card! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment