Saturday 16 January 2010

All went well

sorry for the delay- I'm fine in myself but my body has been too tired to allow me to function straight away!

I was going to post yesterday but as soon as I had my dinner I lapsed into a coma! Ok not really, but after I eat I get really tired




I came home yesterday...or maybe the day before I can't remember! Everything is fine, but I'm really, really, really swollen. But on the plus side it has already started to subside. I've been using ice on and off more for the fact that it feels nice on my face, but I think it has helped a bit too.


And guess what- I had no wafer, no bands, nothing. My surgeon said it went perfect and I didn't need anything. I have to be careful of course, and if I feel like something isn't right I need to let them know. But so far so good. My bite is awesome!


My chin in numb, but my lips keep tingling which is such a great feeling because it means the nerve is fine/ I can't feel the food dribbling down my face though, so eating is such a mess. But again, improvements are happening daily and today I manage to eat all my breakfast and get it all in my mouth; how clever am I?


I will post a photo as soon as I can. Yesterday the swelling was up near my eyes but it's settling around the chin and cheek area now, and I have no bruising at all. My lips feel massive and I have to sort of pull my lower lip back to eat/drink


Apart from the swelling and tiredness I feel amazing. The pain isn't too bad and so long as I keep on top of the medications I'm fine. Actually today I haven't had anything since 9.00 ish and I feel fine still. I'm glad I'm not in the hospital anymore- on my ward were 3 old women and one of them couldn't breathe well so I was always worrying about her. Also it's nice to sleep without being woken up at 6.00 in the morning to take stupid blood pressure! Grrr.....

On the first day I was sick, but I've been fine since. Eating is annoying in that you feel like you're eating loads when really you're not, so you have to keep on top of things. I got my mum to buy me some Lucozade today which actually perks me up a bit. I've been drinking water like mad, but it's nice to just get a little brurst of energy too.


The dietitian gave me 2 booklets off recipes and advice as well as some shakes, and the hygenist showed me how to brush and keep on top of that. However I haven't really brushed my teeth yet. I did briefly but I was too tired. I will try later because I'm feeling better today. I've had porridge and weetabix, and shakes and soups. It's hard to feel satisfied, but I'm not constantly hungry which I thought I would be.


I am however quite hungry now, so I'm going to go get something.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I am so glad the surgery went well! I can't wait to see pics of your perfect bite! Everyone is getting their surgery done in the winter! I feel like it will be an eternity until my surgery. haha. That is so awesome that you don't have to wear any bands or anything. What did you have again? Upper and lower jaw surgery? Make sure to keep us posted! :)
    Love and Support Always, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Your time will come up before you know it!

    Yep, I had upper and lower. My lower moved back and upper moved forwards and down slightly (or tilted slightly, something like that!). I think my ortho mentioned before surgery my movement would be 9mm but I need to check this with my surgeon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're doing well! Don't let the swelling get you down! It will be gone before you know it.

    Kelly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Congrats!!! It's so relieving to read about your positive comments on the immediate results of your surgery! I wish you the best of luck with the rest of your recovery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are doing well! You have made it!!! : ) Looking forward to you pictures! Get some rest! Blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete