Wednesday 23 December 2009

Some sound advice, courtesy of Theatre Admissions Unit

So yesterday I was given a little information booklet from the TAU, which is just about what will happen when I'm there, etc. Anyway, there is a section called: 'What should I do to look after myself once I get home?' (it's more for patients who leave the same day of their operation, which of course I won't be doing) In it it reads:
Please make sure that for at least 24 hours after your operation you do not do the following:
  • Drive a car or ride a bike
  • Operate any machinery including domestic equipment
  • Sign any legal documents
  • Smoke or drink alcohol
  • Take sleeping tablets
So ok, quite elementary stuff....but sign any legal documents? I burst out laughing when I read that. I can just imagine people coming round the wards trying to sell patients life insurance or a mortgage, or lawyers trying to get you a no win no fee claim. Like when you're abroad and you get pestered on the beach or at a restaurant to buy a CD or some flowers (or whatever). Or door-to-door salesmen camping outside hospitals waiting for some 'prey' who look like they're had an operation so are vulnerable and suggestible, to go home and then to go and try and sell them something....

But, I'm sure it's good advice. I will make sure not to sign anything :P

~~~~~

Anyway, hope everyone reading had a good Christmas. I'm planning to buy a blender, etc, in the sales! That's one benefit of a surgery at the start of the year, lol





1 comment:

  1. Hope you had fun in the snow! Merry Christmas to you!!

    ReplyDelete