Monday 21 December 2009

Snow!


I absolutely adore snow; it's so serene and pastoral. I love the winter generally, which is great since I live in the UK and we don't really get a good summer. I rather moan about the heat rather than the cold or the rain :D
Anyway, even though we're used to bad weather here, we're not used to snow. So, it was snowing pretty heavily yesterday here in Yorkshire- but did the council come and grit or plow the main roads? Did people take note of the weather and decide not to go for a Sunday drive? No on both points- and that equals a bit of a mess! There's loads of abandoned cars outside my house because it sits on a hill, and obviously people aren't used to driving in snow and they got stuck.
The Eurostar even got cancelled because 5 trains got stuck in the Channel tunnel, lol. Madness. You'd think a tunnel that goes under the bloody English Channel could handle some snow. But obviously not!
So yes, it's a bit mad here for the transport side of things. So I'm hoping it won't snow anymore now so on Tuesday I can get to the hospital for my pre-op tests.
Ok, maybe it can snow a little bit this afternoon, but then we can't have anymore fun and we have to be serious. It's stopped snowing up in the north anyway, but I don't know about elsewhere...

Anyway, I'll see how it goes tomorrow. I imagine I'll be doing more waiting than aything else, but we're going early because we still don't quite know how to get to the right bit of the hospital. I think we're just going to go into the main building and ask for directions, lol

2 comments:

  1. I love snow! I always have wanted a white Christmas. That is why I want to live somewhere north! :) I am so excited for you! It is getting close to your op! And I never realized this until now but WOW your bite is JUST LIKE MINE! Poor girl. We both have awful bites. haha. Tell us how your appointment goes. :)
    Love and Support Always, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's so rare to get good snow in the UK. We just get a lot of rain! lol

    Yep, it sucks to have a bit like ours, doesn't it? Thankfully we won't have to live with it for much longer! And me, pretty soon hopefully.

    I feel more excited for this than Christmas actually, which is odd! :D

    Merry Christmas Makay, and here's to new bites in 2010!

    ReplyDelete