Sunday 25 October 2009

Okay, photos...

These are me biting down naturally (yes, biting! *rolls eyes). The top one is my right side, and underneath is my left side (you can see the gap slightly. Below I have pics of how the gap is now)






Like something Jessica Rabbit might say: I'm not moody, I'm just made that way!:
Ok, so here are some profiles of me. The first is me just relaxing my mouth. I always think I look rather moody, even though I'm not. It always give me the urger to overcompensate and what I've noticed I do is fidget (like 'bite' my nails-*note, I can't physically bite my nails, though!.. or bite my lip) if my face is relaxed, so as to take attention away from the profile. It's not something I do purposely. Or rather it is, but I don't notice I'm doing it. Hope that makes sense.

These are some pics of the gap I've been mentioning. Since my ortho says I'm done with adjustments until after surgery, I'll be going into surgery with the gap. My canine needed moving around so it would fit with the lower jaw after surgery, and it now is in the correct place, but I'm just left with a gap from whence it came. The pics from the left are of the gap forming, starting from around a week after I had the springs put in, and end on how the gap currently is:












Hope those are ok, and give you an idea of how things are. I'm working on a camera phone, and I can't for the life of me post photos on here easily and neatly. So sorry if the post turns out a bit muddled up.

4 comments:

  1. Well done you! I know how difficult it is to post profile pics, when you have avoided them all your life!! But I can already see the outcome is going to be fab - it will be worth it!! You're a very pretty girl anyway, and will just be even more lush after surgery!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with V. I hated profile pics before my surgery. Now I think I like my profile pics better than straight on! LOL

    These really are good pictures, and you are going to look great! I hope the surgery dates work out for you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks V- not sure if I could agree with you about being pretty, but I certainly appreciate it :D

    I don't view myself as fundamentally 'ugly', but I think 'this is not how I should be', and that stops me from thinking anymore of myself (if that makes sense)

    Rita- thanks. I hope I'll come to like my profiles too!

    The surgery date is still something I'm weary of. V- didn't you hope to get yours in December but it was put off until Easter time? My date to see the surgeon is in November as yours was, so I think I will be waiting until next year now too.
    December would be so good for me because I have 5 weeks off. Around May time I have exams, so I'm worried it might even be June or July time before I can get it done.

    It's so annoying because it's like I'm here and my teeth are ready *right now*, so how hard can it be to get a date and be all prepared for it this year?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was only such a long time between Christmas and Easter, as that's when my holidays fell, and I wanted to miss minimum termtime. I was worried would be difficult with exams etc but was just fine in the end. My teeth just weren't *quite* ready - and as desperate as I was, figured it was best to just stay calm and wait. There's a lot of prep beforehand - splints need to be made to guide the bite, photos and measurements to be taken - so it's a longer process than you anticipate. It WILL happen though, and everything will work out around it, so think of the positives - e.g. when I realised mine wasn't til April just though 'Ah well, less likely to come down with 'flu then!' etc.

    I never believed when people said I was pretty - but you will just *love* your profiles! What you've written makes total sense - As I've blogged many a time, it's like you end up with the face you thought you should've had, and so I think you'll definitely benefit. It's still a long process even after the op - so just hang in there, it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete