Monday 16 November 2009

Someone to Celebrate With!

I need people to chin-wag with now I have a surgery date (FYI to myself, it's not a definitive date! Must not get too carried away)! An anoymous well-wisher would suffice lol. My family are rather sick of me talking about it!

Anyway, I have a slight concern about my apearance post-op. My ortho mentioned that my jaw-length from my neck ratio is pretty long, so when the jaw is moved back, I could look like I have a bit of a double-chin thing going on. Not really a look I'd be thrilled with! However I can't imagine it would really be that bad. I mean, I'm not a waif, but I can't imagine I have too much chin fat!

I'm waiting to get my letter in the post as well; I want it to feel official, and then I can get on with my life until my next appointment comes (and it's only 2 more appointments with my ortho before the surgery! It seems odd to only have 2, but then the are a month apart!)

And I thought I'd get a picture to show how my midline is off, but looking at it I realise my upper jaw is seriously slanted! Perhaps it seems more so because I'm not exactly using high-tech equipment to get the photo, but still! Look:

It doesn't look like I'm biting down properly. And speaking of that, here's my 'party trick' of what I can do when I'm biting down:


And I'm supposed to be able to eat with this thing?!? lol

3 comments:

  1. You are going to look great. I was very concerned about my looks changing. I am happy with my "new' look, however, I am still getting used to it. Today I was having lunch with the office staff in town and I saw my reflection in a store window. I was like "oh my goodness, is that me?" You probably will not have a double chin. In my case... I now have a chin!!! haha Blessings to ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bite looks a LOT like mine!!! I have the underbite, crossbite, and openbite... not fun. I am worried about me looks but also excited. My O.S. told me that he could take a picture of me and digitally perform the surgery on his computer, and then show me how I will look. You should ask your O.S. for this oppurtunity. I am soooooo excited to see it. I love my tight jaw line. I just want it to be shorter. ;) So I think that is what is going to happen... I haven't really thought of a double chin. I sure hope we don't have that problem. haha. :)
    Love and Support Always, Makay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. I'm ready to be a bit weirded out by my new face for a while, but really I can't wait to be rid of my underbite and horrible profile! I think with a change to something so important as your face, it will naturally takes some getting used to.
    Makay- my ortho showed me a composite of my 'new face' on the computer too, but said it's not really too much to go on because it doesn't take into account lip/nose (and double chin! lol) changes, etc. I think all the programme she uses does is just uses a generic image, and changes your face accordingly, so it's not too accurate. However, I did like what I saw! A big improvement all round! :D

    ReplyDelete