Wednesday 25 November 2009

Ouch!

It's great being at the stage of treatment when your teeth don't need moving until after surgery, because no wire changes mean no pain afterwards! But, every so often the four front brackets on my lowers dig in to my lip during the night, and after a while it really begins to aggravate. This morning I woke up and it was killing me- I literally have indentatons on my brackets in my lip, and the one at the front was pretty red and sore.
I've tried to take a picutre, but you can't really see it clearly. Here they are, anyway:

In this on you can see the indentations pretty well. Below, the sort of white blob in the middle is the one that is really painful. It is a mark like the rest of them, it just looks like a blob here!



Needless to say, I will be wearing some gauze over the brackets tonight. I find a piece of gauze more effective to just cover the whole lot, and it doesn't matter since no-one will see me with it in! lol.
I wonder if it rubs because I'm a mouth-breather, so have a very dry mouth in which a bracket can stick to my lip in. Probably!


1 comment:

  1. Aw I remember how this feels! Nightmare! Try some wax along each of the front 4 brackets?

    I was a mouth-breather too, am sure it doesn't help!

    ReplyDelete