Thursday 23 July 2009

Picture updates (yikes)

Now I’ve caught up as much as I can with what’s gone before, might as well post some new updates as to the progression of my teeth now. I haven't taken many pictures, and they're only off my phone so sorry if they aren't totally clear, but I think you can see the differences at least.
Here are my teeth now, compared to how they started:



(taken end of 07 before treatment)








During the expansion starting from mid November 07.
The one of the right shows how narrow my upper palate was to start with.








My arch as of 22nd July, 2009. Hope you can see around a 10mm difference!!!



Now my teeth and palate are as they should be, this has made my underbite more prominent and worsened my open bite and cross bite. This is just how it goes, because obviously before my upper jaw wasn't big enough so obviously that lessens the true extent of the problem. Once your teeth are finally perfectly alligned- that's when you are ready to correct the true problem! Eating is a problem, but you just have to get on with it. And if anyone ever queries me undergoing the surgeries I would just say why don't you try trying to eat with a bite like this! lol :


Open bite above,
underbite below








That's all for now :D
Thanks, and apologies for the odd text wraps around the pics. I'll get used to it eventually!

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodness hun, you've had SO much work done, and I *know* you'll be thrilled with the results... I was worried that I wasn't going to be happy but it's incredible being at the end of the journey.. I can't wait on your behalf!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :D
    and I know, tell me about it! It's odd because I sometimes forget how bad my teeth/jaw was to start with, so it's good to look back on the photos and see how far I have actually come. I always see SARPE as just another stepping-stone to the bimax surgery, but it has made a huge difference in itself.

    One thing's for sure though, once I am ready for surgery, I'll be wheeled to theatre relatively excited rather than scared. It's been a long time coming :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look very beautiful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete