Saturday 4 July 2009

A Little Late on the Uptake...

I'm not new to the game, in fact I started my 'journey' in November 2007. But I've decided to start a blog now because I'm at the point where I need some motivation- and to keep motivated- as I wait for the big one (that is, the bixmaxillary osteotomy to correct my underbite, among other things). I think it's because I'm getting a bit down about the whole thing lately; I've felt like I'm just waiting endlessly but nothing is happening, and I want to have some form of activity related to the whole thing, even if it is just me blogging about how nothing is happening!

The thing is I've been told from about the age of 13 by my dentist that at some point when I've stopped growing I would need jaw surgery. So since then I've waited and waited until 2007, at 17 when I suppose I did eventually stop growing) when we got the ball rolling and I had SARME (surgically assisted rapid maxillary expansion, to widen my upper jaw). Now I'm waiting and waiting until my teeth decide they want to move and give me a break. It's a bugger

And so I suppose I have a lot to update! For now I'll just post from my ticker-

* It has been 19 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days since I had SARME
...and 13 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days since I was braced (upper and lower at the same time)

For my next trick, I'll time-travel next post to talk about when I had SARME, and all what's happened inbetween

Toodles, xXxXx

No comments:

Post a Comment