Wednesday 6 July 2011

Long Time No Post!

The trouble of course is once you've had you surgery you've said all you need to say. However, I thought I would update with a picture, and a brief summary of things.

My lip and chin are still the same- I have some feeling, but it is never 100%. The left side of my chin is sometimes very ticklish, sometimes quite dead.

It took me a while to get used to myself, and actually form an opinion of myself- as before I never quite had one. And again, I hold that my appearance is not enhanced, rather, it is just normal and therefore 'better' (whatever better means)

Good luck to everyone waiting for surgery- and be patient. It is worth it! And so important- enjoy your life, and don't dwell on negativity

1 comment:

  1. Hey.
    I read your entire blog and loved it.

    I my self had a bimaxillary osteotomy in 2002, which relapsed after 3 months. Since then I vowed not to undertake any more surgery after what I consider a very traumatic experience (I was 22 lol).

    Low and behold in November 2010 I had a RED frame Osteotomy on my top jaw, which stumbled me across your thread.

    Aside from the numbness everything seems to be looking good for you so a great thumbs up :D

    I wish i had done a blog now, Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete